한국인을 위한 독일유학 안내 (학부 Bachelor)
IB (International Baccalaureate)
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Holders of an International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB) are eligible for university studies if the fulfil the following conditions:
(1) You need to have at least 12 years of progressive full-time schooling.
(2) Among the six IB examination subjects are:
- two languages on level A or B, of which one needs to have been taken continuously as "Language A" (from 2013: "Language A: Language and Literature" or Language A: Literature) or "Language B HL"
- one of the following: Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- one of the following: Mathematical Methods, Mathematics SL, Mathematics HL
- one of the following: History, Geography, Economics
(3) The sixth examination subject may be one of the above or:
- any other modern language
- Applied Chemistry
- Business and Management
- Classical Greek
- Computer Science
- Design Technology
- Environmental Systems and Societies
- General Chemistry
- Literature and Performance
- Social Anthropology
- Visual Arts
(4) One of the three subjects studied at higher level has to be Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
(5) All subjects have to have been studied continuously throughout the Diploma Programme on the same level (standard or higher). Students need to have at least grade 4 (satisfactory) in each of the six subjects. If one of those subjects is graded with 3, students may compensate by having one other subject graded with at least 5.
If you fulfil these requirements you are eligible to study at a German university. However, the authorities still need to recognize your IB diploma by submitting certified copies of certain documents. Please contact our student advisory office as early as possible to ensure enough time for the process.